Sunday, November 14, 2010

Amazing collage video

I am a huge fan of collage. There is something about manipulating paper into whatever you want it to be that is so hugely satisfying. Whenever we do collage projects, I get really into it and I experience a meditative state where my mind stop racing from one topic to another and I can hear all of the sounds around me.

Whenever my kids have projects due for school, my go-to technique is collage. Not only because it is simple and inexpensive, but I have already amassed a large collection of supplies (scissors, #11 x-acto blades, glue sticks, rubber cement, colored paper, magazine cut-outs) so I never have to go out and buy anything. Visually, it is very interesting and makes quite an impact.

I have a huge bin of scrapbooking paper that I can't bear to throw away. Each and every time we make a collage, the scraps just end up being put back in the bin. Added to that are pieces of patterned paper, interesting things I've torn out of magazines, hand-painted paper that I've cut into pieces.

I saw this video recently and it made me wish I'd thought of it first. My kids loved watching it. It is so amazingly creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment